In partnership with
BIT recruiting for new Chairperson
The Behavioural Insights Team (BIT) is looking to appoint an Independent non-executive Chairperson to the Board. As we move forward with our 2020 Strategy we are looking for someone with strong and effective leadership ability to help underpin and support our plans for the next three years.
The Chair will work with the Chief Executive to help shape and execute the strategy by chairing effective board meetings and ensuring that meeting time is well used for discussions on the big decisions. BIT is now a global organisation and the Chair will help support and challenge the strategy and ensure that the right conversations take place at the Board and committee meetings. BIT has historically held around ten Board meetings per annum plus committee meetings (audit and remuneration committee meetings). BIT’s latest annual update will provide more background on our recent achievements.
The successful candidate will need to bring commercial focus as well as appreciate the nuances of public and evidenced based policy making. Crucially, they will have the ability to identify strategic needs of the organisation, challenge and scrutinise plans and drive and motivate others in their delivery.
- How to apply: To apply please send your CV together with a cover letter of no more than 2 sides of A4 outlining how you meet the essential criteria for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Close of Applications: 15th January 2018 at 9am GMT
- Interviews and assessment tasks: From end-January 2018
All relevant candidates will be contacted by our Search Consultant in the first instance.
Please note: If you do not already hold the right to work in the UK and/or require sponsorship in order to continue working here, you should think carefully before applying. This is because we will be unable to sponsor you unless there is no other suitably qualified settled worker available to fill the role or your current immigration status means that the resident labour market test will not apply in your case.
The Behavioural Insights Team is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and is determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Subscribe to our mailing list
- Australia (11)
- BI Ventures (2)
- BX Conference (11)
- Charitable giving (9)
- Consumer affairs (3)
- Data science (1)
- Education and skills (20)
- Energy and sustainability (6)
- Equality and discrimination (4)
- Health (21)
- Home affairs and security (9)
- International (9)
- Labour market & economic growth (9)
- New Zealand (1)
- News (59)
- North America (15)
- Reports (19)
- Tax (4)
- Trial design (6)
- Trial results (25)
- Uncategorized (98)
- Vacancies (11)
- Robert Putnam: celebrating his incredible contribution to the study of social capital
- Green means go: how to help patients make informed choices about their healthcare
- Unemployed after 40 years: what next?
- Fomentando la asistencia de los directores a las escuelas en Perú
- Encouraging teachers and principals to turn up to school in Peru